Golden BriochesReceitas Da Felicidade!
Brioche is a traditional French pastry similar to an enriched bread with a soft texture. Instructions for the preparation of this dough are intended for a bread maker or mixer. Because this dough is a yeasted dough, it requires plenty of time to rise. This recipe for brioche requires two separate rising techniques and time periods. Make the dough the day before so that it can refrigerate overnight before shaping and baking. Bake time is 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup milk (warm)
- 3 3/4 cups wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 340 grams unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- 1Pour the yeast, water, and milk in the bread maker, or the mixer bowl, and use a wooden spoon to stir until the yeast dissolves.
- 2Add the flour and salt, cover with the lid, and select the kneading program.
- 3When a homogeneous dough is formed, add 3 eggs and sugar.
- 4Allow the machine to mix all the ingredients well, and then slowly add the butter and fennel.
- 5Wait for the program to end.
- 6At this point, the dough is very soft and sticky.
- 7Remove from the bread-making machine, and place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside for about 1 hour.
- 8Place the dough on a floured work surface, and knead lightly.
- 9Cover again with the plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- 10Punch the dough down in the bowl every 30 minutes until it stops rising. It takes about 2 hours.
- 11Then leave the dough covered in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- 12The next day, remove the dough from the refrigerator, and shape into small balls.
- 13Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 14Place each ball of dough in a muffin or cupcake pan.
- 15Place the pans on a baking tray, and cover with parchment paper. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 16Whisk 1 egg with a few drops of water, and brush the buns with it.
- 17Bake the brioche for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 18Remove from oven, and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1230Calories from Fat690|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat690|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.