Uses KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and…
- 1 cup tricolor quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups water (or broth)
- 2 golden beets (large, washed and edges trimmed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/4 cup curly parsley (chopped)
- 2 cups baby spinach (fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh, hulled and quartered)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup shallot (finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add dry quinoa and water (or broth) to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and cover. Allow quinoa to cook for 15-17 minutes, or until water (or broth) is fully evaporated and easily fluffs with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, attach Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Insert food holder into center of one end of the beet and secure onto the attachment. Insert food skewer through the beet, up to the first mark. Attach Noodle Blade to the attachment and position a medium bowl under the blade to catch beet noodles. Turn Stand Mixer to Speed 2 and slowly position the blade against the beet to process. Repeat with remaining beet. Remove as many of the skins as possible from the bowl; then rinse beets under cool running water. Lay beets out on a clean kitchen towel (or paper towels) and blot to remove any excess water, then trim beet noodles to 8”-10” lengths. Place in salad bowl and set aside.
- Make the dressing: Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk for 15-20 seconds to emulsify. (You can also add all ingredients into a small jar with a tight fitting lid, and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.)
- Assemble the salad: Pour the dressing over the beet noodles, add the mint and parsley, then toss the noodles and herbs in the dressing until everything is fully coated. (Allow to rest in the dressing for a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.) Add the spinach to the bowl and, before mixing, add the warm quinoa on top of the spinach and allow the warmth of the quinoa to wilt the spinach for about a minute. Then, using tongs or two large salad spoons, toss the salad together to fully dress all the ingredients. Serve.
|Calories460Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.