Serve along with wild rice pilaf and asparagus.
- 6 butterflied pork chops (cut 3/4-inch thick)
- 17 ounces apricot halves (drained, reserving liquid)
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest (grated)
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 pears (large, firm, sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- Marinate pork chops in combined apricot liquid, orange liqueur, sugar, orange peel and allspice in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place pork chops on broiler pan; reserve marinade. Broil 5 inches from heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Meanwhile, puree apricots with reserved marinade and cornstarch in food processor. Saute onion and pear in melted butter in skillet for 3 minutes. Add apricot mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in grapes. Serve over chops.