- 4 crabs (medium-sized, preferrably blue crab)
- 67 cups water
- 1/4 radish (small)
- 1 strip dashima (sea kelp)
- 1 zucchini (medium diced)
- 1 diced onion (small)
- 6 red chili peppers (green and)
- 2 stems green onion
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons gochugaru (red chili pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (red chili pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- black pepper
- chrysanthemum leaves (optional)
- 1.To make a broth, add sea kelp, radish and soy sauce in six cups of water in a large pot.
- 2.After cleaning and rinsing crabs thoroughly, cut crab into desired pieces.
- 3.When the stock boils, add gochugaru, gochujang, and minced garlic.
- 4.Add the crabs and cook for approx. 10 minutes.
- 5.Add zucchini and onion, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- 6.When all shells turn bright orange, add green onion, green and red chili peppers, sesame seeds and black pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- 7.Serve hot with white rice and side dishes.