If you are a fan of goat cheese, you'll want to add this recipe to your regular rotation. You will need to plan ahead, however, as the cheese needs to marinate in the flavorful oil for at least a couple of weeks. Here, the oil is mixed with crushed fennel seeds, mustard seeds, and peppercorns, as well as garlic and rosemary -- all of which imparts flavor to the cheese. Serve the cheese and accompanying oil with crackers or rustic bread.
- 1 goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons white mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 3 garlic cloves (unpeeled, halved)
- 1/2 tomatoes (dried)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- Put all the seeds into the mortar and crush slightly.
- Place them in a glass jar with the garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, and the cheese, cut into triangles.
- Add the olive oil, close and shake the jar.
- Can be stored in a dry environment for a few weeks.