Goat Cheese ToastsKitchenAid
- 1 zucchini (small)
- 1 yellow squash (small)
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 20 basil leaves
- olive oil spray
- ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Set the slicing disc into the work bowl of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® 16 cup Food Processor and set it to the 5th notch from the left. Use the small food pusher to feed the the zucchini, squash, and tomatoes through to slice. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- 3Unfold the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Use a 3-inch circular cutter to cut 9 rounds out of each sheet. Chill remaining pastry scraps for further use.
- 4Place the rounds onto the prepared baking sheets and gently spread 1-1/2 teaspoons of goat cheese onto each. Layer one slice of zucchini, one slice of squash, one slice of tomato, and one basil leaf on top of the cheese. Lightly spray each with the olive oil spray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden around the edges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 5Tip: Reheat any remaining toasts the following day at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes.