Goat Cheese Choux BunsLolibox
The best part of puff pastry is its ability to be versatile. You can make a sweet or savory dish that, when packed into a buttery and flaky puff pastry, turns into a tantalizing dish for your taste buds. This recipe for Goat Cheese Choux Buns packs hearty sweet and savory ingredients, such as goat cheese and dried apricots into a puff pastry for a wonderful appetizer or snack. The hot green jalapeno sauce is perfect with this sweet and savory treat. Be sure to plan ahead because these tender morsels need to be refrigerated before serving.
- 350 grams puff pastry
- cold water (40 cl.)
- 6 dried apricot
- 120 grams fresh chevre
- sauce (hot green jalapeno)
- 1Preheat oven to 410F
- 2In the food processor, mix puff pastry with cold water and beat with the flexible mixer for 4 minutes.
- 3Place the dough in a piping bag, and squeeze out the desired shape on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 4Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the buns.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool.
- 6Chop apricots and mix with 60 grams of goat cheese in a bowl.
- 7In another bowl, mix the rest of the goat cheese with a few drops of hot sauce.
- 8Cut off the top of the buns, and add mixture of choice.