- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 150 milliliters water (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons, at body temperature, if you dip your finger in, you shouldn't feel a temperature difference)
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 200 grams fresh chevre
- 20 grams fresh herbs (1 cup, loosely packed mixed, such as flat-leaf parsley, chervil, basil, mint, chives..., roughly chopped)
- In a bowl, combine the yeast with the water and stir to dissolve. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, until a thin foamy layer forms at the surface. If it doesn't, start again with a fresh packet of yeast.
- Put the flour, salt, and olive oil in the bowl of the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer fitted with the dough hook.
- Add in the yeast and water, and knead at medium speed for 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic, and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- In a bowl, mash the herbs and the goat cheese together with a fork.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Stretch it with your hands to form a rough 40-cm (16-inch) square. Spread the goat cheese mixture onto the square, leaving a 5-cm (2-inch) margin on the left-hand side.
- Roll up the dough snugly starting from the right-hand side. Place the roll on a cookie sheet or a tray, and place it in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up.
- Slice the roll in two lengthwise to get two long "ropes”. Pinch the ropes together on one end, then braid the two ropes together, keeping their cut sides up.
- Transfer the braided dough to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Bake the babka for 35 to 40 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
Easy Three-Cheese SouffleJust a Pinch
Chocolate BabkaNatasha's Kitchen
Revolutionary Mac & CheeseBig Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies
Chocolate BabkaFood and Wine
The Best Homemade White BreadRock Recipes
Simple One Hour Homemade BreadLa Fuji Mama
Macaroni Cauliflower CheeseBBC
Miracle BreadRecipes Chez Moi
Chcoclate BabkaBaking For The Cure
Italian Grilled CheeseTastes Better from Scratch
Baked Macaroni and CheeseSouthern Plate
Fluffy White 60 Minute Sandwich BreadYammie's Noshery
Baked Macaroni and CheeseThe Country Contessa
Honey Mustard Chicken FingersHellmann's
Macaroni and CheeseRecipe Girl
Chocolate BabkaBaker by Nature
Chocolate BabkaPrincess Tafadzwa
Chocolate BabkaChocolate, Chocolate and More
Healthy Mac and CheeseDelightful Mom Food
Easy Cheesy Artichoke BreadHellmann's
My Mother’s Ultimate Chocolate BabkaMy Jewish Learning
Chocolate BabkaSuburban Soapbox
How To Make Sourdough BreadBBC
Pita BreadYummy Journey
Homemade CheeseScarborough Food Fair
Classic Macaroni and Cheesechowhound.com