- 2 pounds medium potatoes (washed)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup flour (plus additional for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives (quartered lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained)
- basil leaves (to serve)
- Place potatoes in a large steamer basket in a saucepan of boiling water. Steam for 35 mins or until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash until smooth.
- Add egg to potatoes; mix well. Season. Add flour; stir until just combined (do not over mix). Dust work surface with some of the additional flour. Using dusted hands, gently bring dough together until just smooth. Do not overwork dough or gnocchi will become tough.
- Lightly dust a large baking pan with flour. Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll out each portion to a 3/4 inch thick rope. Using a floured knife, cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Place on the baking pan. Cover with a towel.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Add peas, olives and capers; cook and stir for 2 mins or until heated through. Remove from heat. Season.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a gentle simmer on medium heat. Add gnocchi in batches; stir gently. Simmer for 1 min or until gnocchi float to surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to the skillet. Cook and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with basil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.