- 6 chicken thighs (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, chopped finely)
- 1 medium carrot (chopped finely)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped finely)
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 3/4 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 2/3 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 8 3/4 ounces chestnut mushrooms (halved)
- 2 pounds potatoes (desiree, or other red skinned potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 ounce parmesan (finely grated)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (approximately)
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss the chicken lightly in seasoned flour. Heat the oil and 1 tbsp butter in a Dutch oven and add the chicken, cooking until browned all over.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; cook over medium heat until onion is softened. Add porcinis and wine and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until wine has almost evaporated. Add the stock and the chestnut mushrooms. Cover and bake for about 1 hour or until chicken is very tender; remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Steam or boil whole unpeeled potatoes until tender; drain. Cool potatoes slightly, then peel. Mash the potatoes until smooth, then stir in the milk, egg yolks, Parmesan, seasoning to taste and enough flour to form a firm dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a quarter of the dough into a 3/4 inch-thick sausage. Cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths and shape each into an oval. Press and roll the dough with a floured fork to mark one side of the gnocchi (this helps the sauce to adhere later). Place on a lightly floured tray in a single layer. Repeat with the remaining dough. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the chicken from the bones, discarding bones, and tear the chicken into small pieces. Return the chicken to the baking dish and reheat, the sprinkle with the parsley leaves.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in batches in a large pan of gently boiling, salted water for about 3 minutes or until they float to the surface. Remove the cooked gnocchi from the water with a slotted spoon and drain well. Carefully toss gnocchi with hot melted butter.
- Serve gnocchi with chicken.
|Calories830Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.