Gluten-free Teff BrowniesEl invitado de invierno
Teff flour is a traditional ingredient in many Ethiopian households; fun fact, it is a gluten free flour. These brownies are made with teff flour in order to make them gluten free friendly. The brownie batter is made with just five simple ingredients and the last ingredient is up to you! Add in chopped nuts, dried fruit, or whatever else you think will complement the rich chocolatey flavor of these fudgy gluten free brownies. Bake time is 40 minutes.
- 200 grams bitter chocolate (chunked)
- 200 grams butter
- 4 eggs
- 220 grams sugar
- 125 grams teff flour
- 100 grams dried fruit (or nuts)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave. Alternatively, you can melt it in a double boiler making sure the top pot never touches the water of the bottom pot.
- 3Separately, melt the butter the same way either in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- 4In a large bowl, lightly beat together the eggs with the sugar. Then add in the melted chocolate and butter and mix to combine.
- 5Sift in the teff flour and stir together.
- 6Fold in the dried fruits or nuts.
- 7Line a 25 centimeter by 25 centimeter baking pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Bake 40 minutes.
- 8Pierce the center with a toothpick to make sure it comes out dry. Cool on a rack before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.