- 1 cup quinoa (pre-rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 ounces black beans (cans, rinsed and drained, or 4 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 green onions (green and white parts, chopped)
- 1/3 cup chipotle (Vegenaise)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour (or garbanzo bean flour)
- olive oil
|Calories210Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Pam 22 May 2018
I used a Vitamix rather than a food processor and think the second addition of beans was puréed too much; however the burgers were still delicious. Garnished with the chipotle mayo and guac...yum!
Colin Pin 8 May 2018
Great burgers. This made more than 6 patties for me. Made a lot of modifications out of desperation—didn’t have straight-up black beans so used refried black beans and kidney beans and it still managed to taste great. Also used the soy-free plain veganaise since we have a kid with soy allergy. Biggest mod was we skipped the flour coating and just baked at 375 for 12 min, flipped then 12 min as we do with another vegan burger recipe since I didn’t want to pan fry 3 at a time. Saved some time! Great with arugula and avocado.
Jacob K. 11 Feb 2018
Added an orange pepper to it. Super good!
Karen Scarpinatto 18 Dec 2016
The recipe came out well. The taste was excellent. I used regular mayonnaise and chipotle powder instead of the vegan mayo.