- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey (95% Lean)
- 9 ounces crushed pineapple (drained and separated)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch (corn starch works too or a gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup tomatoes (crushed)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (add more for spicier)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- red pepper
- brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Place the ground turkey, pineapple, garlic, onion salt, pepper, tapioca, chili powder, and egg into the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer. Mix on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined.
- Roll the combined ingredients into balls (a little bigger than golf ball size). Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, assemble your tangy sauce. First, make sure your tomatoes are drained, if you’re using canned tomatoes. Place the onion, crushed tomatoes, ketchup, vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic, and salt and pepper in blender or food processor. Blend on medium high until smooth and creamy. Taste to see if the spice and seasoning is to your liking. Feel free to add more red pepper flakes or salt and pepper and blend again if desired.
- Pour the tangy sauce into the 8″ skillet from the KitchenAid® Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 10-Piece Set. Bring the sauce to a soft boil then reduce and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Once meatballs are baked, remove them from the oven and place in the sauce. Add 1/2 cup more crushed pineapple to the 8″ skillet. Simmer for 10-15 minutes while coating the meatballs with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and red pepper. Sprinkled with brown sugar to top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
K 15 Jun
Very spicy for that amount of turkey