- 3 cups vegetables
- 4 small carrots
- 1 cup medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (So Delicious, or milk of your choice)
- 1 pound turkey meat (organic ground)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 cups gluten free vegetable broth (organic)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Start out by washing, peeling, and chopping the potatoes, then boil with 1 cup of the vegetable broth, and 1 cup of water for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Place the cooked potatoes in a food processor with the 2 Tbsp. of coconut milk, salt and pepper, and pulse until a smooth mixture is formed. Set aside, you will need this later to top the Shepherd's Pie.
- Next, brown the ground turkey in a frying pan over medium-high heat, with 1 tsp. coconut oil. When the meat is almost done, add the onion, garlic, cilantro and spices. Mix everything together, cover and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of broth and the arrowroot flour along with the vegetables.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring continuously, and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, until the liquid starts to thicken. Transfer the mixture to a lightly buttered casserole dish.
- Top with spoonfuls of the mashed potatoes, spreading evenly until the entire top of the dish is covered.
- Bake in a preheated oven, set at 350F/180C, for 40 minutes, or until a golden brown crust forms. Remove and serve.