Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Mix raspberries and 2 tsp of the sugar in a bowl. Press the fruit through a sieve to make a puree.
- Beat the egg yolks, 1 cup of the sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water. Sift the flour and baking powder then stir into the batter. Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl with the electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the remaining sugar. Fold into the batter.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Drizzle with 1/2 of the raspberry puree, making sure that it does not touch the sides. Repeat layers, ending with the cake batter.
- Bake for 45-55 mins until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 mins. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar.
|Calories240Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Carman 2 years ago
The texture of this cake is a cross between angel food cake and regular cake. Its not sweet despite the jelly in it. Its actually quite tasteless. I think the Recipe should list what kind of gluten free flour to use as there are so many combos to use that can affect the end result. In this case, I think its just the Recipe in general that is bland.