Combining quinoa with the deliciousness of pan pizza, this gluten-free and vegan pizza crust can be customized with your favorite toppings.
- 1/2 cup TruRoots® Organic Sprouted Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and fill with enough water to cover the quinoa. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to soak for a minimum of 8 hours, and up to 48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray an 8” cast-iron pan with Crisco® nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and thoroughly rinse. Place the quinoa in the bowl of a high-powered blender. Add the 2 tablespoons of water, olive oil, baking powder, and salt. Process the mixture on the highest power for 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until it becomes a smooth, thin, batter.
- Pour the batter into the cast-iron pan. Use a rubber spatula to smooth it into an even layer.
- Transfer the pan to the lower-middle rack of the oven. Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes, until it is lightly golden brown on the bottom and edges.
- (To turn this into completed pizza, top the crust with desired toppings, then return it to the oven for 8-10 minutes longer to heat through.)
|Calories370Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.