- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 1 egg (or egg-substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup SunButter (of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already has it)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (4 oounces)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup SunButter (of choice)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 6 tablespoons full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease it).
- With an electric mixer, cream together the palm shortening and sugars. Add the egg (or egg substitute) and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the SunButter and mix until combined.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, gluten-free flour blend, gluten-free oats, and xanthan gum.
- Spread evenly in the pan, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, mix together the SunButter frosting ingredients. Start with one tablespoon of dairy-free milk and add more a little at a time until you have a smooth, spreadable frosting. Frost the SunButter bars while still warm.