Looking for a great way to incorporate the spicy, and tasty flavors of the holidays into your home without worrying about anyone’s gluten-free diet? These Gluten Free Gingerbread Bars will guarantee to please with their wonderful ingredients and flavor. They combine dark brown sugar, maple syrup, molasses, fresh and ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, rose water, chia seeds and ground almonds to create a new holiday favorite everyone can enjoy without worry.
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 150 grams maple syrup
- 100 grams molasses
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons rose water (or orange blossom water)
- 3 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 100 grams wheat flour (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 250 grams ground almonds
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Line the bottom of a 35x25 centimeter baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the brown sugar, maple syrup, molasses, grated ginger, ginger powder, cinnamon, ground cloves, and rose water.
- Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Then add the eggs, and mix well.
- Sift flour with baking powder and baking soda, and stir into the mixture.
- Stir in chia seeds and ground almonds.
- The dough should be slightly liquid.
- Pour the dough into baking tray, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top is firm.
- Once it cools down, cut into squares, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories980Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.