- 2 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 11 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons all-spice
- 2 tablespoons gluten free powdered sugar
- 8 ounces gluten (packet, free marzipan)
- 4 pieces thin florist wire, snipped into thirds
- Combine fruit and brandy in a large bowl. Cover with plastic food wrap and let stand overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease and line a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with 2 layers parchment paper, extending paper at long sides for handles.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a small bowl until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, one by one, until combined.
- Add butter mixture to fruit mixture and stir to combine. Stir in ground almonds, sifted rice flour, baking powder and all spice.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth out the surface. Bake for 2 hours or until a skewer inserted at center comes out clean. Cover pan tightly with foil. Cool overnight.
- On a workbench dusted with half the powdered sugar, knead marzipan until smooth. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick. Using star cutters, cut out 1 x 1 inch stars, 2 x 2 inch stars and 3 x 3 inch stars. Thread stars onto wire. Set overnight.
- Dust cake with remaining powdered sugar. Arrange stars on top of cake.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.