- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (approx. zest of 1/2 lemo)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour (see About section)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lined two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand-mixer fitted with paddle attachment), combine eggs, sugar and lemon extract, beat until well combined. Add zest and basil and stir until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir/beat well to combine. The dough will come together quickly, be fairly dry and very easy to handle.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a loaf approximately 7 inches long by 3 inches wide - be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Place loaf on one of the prepared baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown and firm to touch. Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool completely. Reduce oven to 300 F.
- Once the loaf has cooled, using a serrated knife, cut on a diagonal to create 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on the second baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes (or until crisp and golden brown on both sides), turning once during baking.
- Allow cookies to cool completely then enjoy!
PER SERVING *
|Calories230Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.