- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 bell pepper (sliced, use a mix of red and green and cut into short slices that will fit on the pizza)
- 1 onion (small, sliced)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Process until cauliflower resembles sand or rice. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook for 6 – 8 mins or until tender. Transfer cauliflower to a towel-lined strainer. Twist towel to squeeze as much moisture out of the cauliflower as possible.
- Heat oven to 400ºF. In a bowl, mix together cauliflower, egg, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Shape 2 teaspoon portions into balls and place 2-inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread out with fingers to form 1 3/4-inch disks. Bake for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook pepper, onion and remaining Italian seasoning in oil for 3 – 4 mins or until tender. Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Spread each mini pizza with 1 teaspoon pasta sauce. Top with sautéed vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 – 8 mins or until cheese is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Calories70Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.