Any day that starts with a nutrient-packed cookie for breakfast is a good day.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 bananas (medium, mashed)
- 1 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line an extra large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Place the almond butter, mashed banana, egg, honey, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula until the ingredients are well mixed. Fold in the dried fruit and flaxseeds (if using), until they are well-distributed.
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. It will thicken slightly.
- Form the cookies by spooning 16 mounds of the oat mixture onto the baking sheet. Use slightly damp, clean hands to round the edges of each mound. Do not flatten.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes, until they are puffy on top and golden at the edges.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lynda M. 17 Jul
Very yummy. Now on my weekly to do list