A sweet apricot glaze with a hint of ginger and savory tamari makes these chicken thighs irresistible (and gluten-free).
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (4-6 bone-in skin-on)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s® Apricot Preserves (or Smucker’s® Simply Fruit Apricot Spreadable Fruit)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tamari (gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root (finely grated)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Spray a 9” metal pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and black pepper. Arrange skin side up in the baking pan.
- Whisk together the apricot preserves, honey, tamari, and ginger root in a medium bowl until combined. Spoon about 1/2 of the mixture evenly over the tops of the chicken thighs.
- Transfer the baking pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven. Bake the chicken for 18-20 minutes, until the sauce is gently sizzling.
- Open the oven. Use a spoon to baste the chicken with any released juices and sauce. Spoon all but 2 tablespoons of the remaining apricot mixture over the tops of the chicken thighs.
- Continue baking for 10 minutes longer. Remove the chicken thighs from the oven.
- Set the oven to broil. Baste the chicken once more in the sauce and released juices. Spoon the remaining 2 tablespoons of the apricot mixture over the tops of the chicken thighs.
- Carefully transfer the pan to the uppermost rack of the oven, 4-5” beneath the heat source. Broil the chicken for 2-4 minutes, keeping a close eye on it, until the skin is golden brown and internal temperature reads at least 165º F.
- Carefully remove the baking pan from the oven. Allow the chicken to rest for 5-7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and spoon the apricot sauce left in the baking dish over the top. Serve immediately.
|Calories410Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.