This glazed chicken is crispy, tender, and packed with flavor. The marinade is made the night before and the chicken is allowed to sit overnight to gather all of the flavors of the marinade including ginger, garlic, cumin, sherry, and soy sauce. Drained and coated in flour, the chicken is lightly fried until crisp and golden. Simmered in a vinegar reduction sauce, the chicken is cooked until tender. Serve with rice noodles or rice.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (freshly grated)
- 60 milliliters soy sauce
- 80 milliliters sherry
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 kilogram chicken breast (diced)
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 200 milliliters chicken stock
- 80 milliliters rice vinegar
- 20 grams coriander (freshly chopped)
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, egg yolks, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir, then cover with plastic film and leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Strain the liquid from the marinade. Place the chicken in a dish with flour and coat them well.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a deep frying pan. Fry the chicken in batches until golden. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat on low the sugar and stock.
- When the sugar is dissolved, add the chicken, coriander and vinegar.
- Cook on low until the sauce thickens and the chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.