You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Gizzard Salad . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- raspberry vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- onions (Dehydrated fried)
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Cook potatoes in plenty of boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Heat gizzard fat in a pan and sauté potatoes until knife-tender.
- Cut gizzards into slices and heat in microwave just until warm, the cover and set aside.
- Place warm potatoes at the bottom of serving dish, add mesclun leaves and top with gizzards and almonds.
- Drizzle with a bit of raspberry vinegar and olive oil.
- Garnish with dehydrated, fried onion.
- Serve immediately.