You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Gizzard Salad . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- raspberry vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- onions (Dehydrated fried)
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- 2Cook potatoes in plenty of boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Heat gizzard fat in a pan and sauté potatoes until knife-tender.
- 5Cut gizzards into slices and heat in microwave just until warm, the cover and set aside.
- 6Place warm potatoes at the bottom of serving dish, add mesclun leaves and top with gizzards and almonds.
- 7Drizzle with a bit of raspberry vinegar and olive oil.
- 8Garnish with dehydrated, fried onion.
- 9Serve immediately.