Ginseng is used in the Far East for over 4000 years. It's always been considered a plant with miraculous properties, able not only to heal all diseases but also to fortify the spirit, cheer the heart and prolong life. In the past, Ginseng was so appreciated that you bartered with it as you would with gold and precious stones. Made with ginseng infused milk, these Ginseng Muffins will provide you with the vitality you need to get through the day.
- 200 grams flour
- 120 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 milliliters milk
- 20 grams coffee (ginseng)
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 12 chocolate (bon bons, dark or milk or a chocolate bar cut into 12 pieces)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar in one bowl.
- Heat the milk without bringing it to a boil and dissolve the ginseng coffee inside.
- Quickly beat the eggs, butter, milk, ginseng coffee mixture, and the rum in another bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, quickly mixing just enough for the ingredients to be incorporated.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and fill them to 3/4 with the batter.
- Place the 12 chocolates into the muffin batter, they should be completely submerged in the batter.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, cool them on a wire rack and sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
|Calories350Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.