The perfect dessert can take any homemade meal to the next level. This recipe for Gingersnap and Apple Verrines creates a rich, flavorful and beautifully served dessert that will tantalize the taste buds. This recipe combines the robust flavors of crushed gingersnaps with mascarpone cheese, apples and chocolate chips. By layering these ingredients in a small glass, you create an eye-catching dish. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dessert as much as we do.
- 3 eggs
- 140 grams brown sugar
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 apples
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Crush the gingersnaps using a mortar and pestle.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Set the egg whites aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with 100 grams of brown sugar until the mixture becomes pale. Gently whisk in the mascarpone. Mix well; it should be smooth and well-blended.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and cinnamon until they form stiff peaks. Incorporate them into the mascarpone mixture gently by folding them in with a wooden spatula. Set aside.
- Wash, peel, and dice the apples. Brown them in a skillet with some butter. After a few minutes of cooking, add 40 grams of brown sugar to caramelize the apples. Cook over low heat until apples are soft, browned, and caramelized. Set aside.
- To serve, put a layer of crushed gingersnaps in the bottom of verrines, then add a layer of apple, and finally top it with the mascarpone mousse. Decorate with 2 small pieces of apple, some ground gingersnaps, and chocolate chips.