Pork poached in ginger and orange juice is the center of this summer dinner salad featuring fruit flavors. Serve with hot French bread.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger (grated)
- 2 cups melon balls (cantaloupes, watermelon, honeydew or a mixture)
- 1 papaya (peeled, seeded and cubed)
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (like Grand Marnier)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup peach yogurt
- In medium saucepan combine orange juice and ginger; bring to a simmer and add pork cubes. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until pork is cooked. Remove pork and remaining liquid to bowl, refrigerate uncovered to cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes.
- In medium bowl gently toss together melon, papaya, Grand Marnier, pork cubes and cooking liquid. On each of four plates place 1 1/2 cups salad greens. Serve equal portions pork-melon mixture atop greens, topped with 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- Serves 4.