Celebrate spring with a special dinner of grilled chops served with springtime favorites like Asparagus Vinaigrette and Sauteed Sugar Peas.
- 4 bone-in ribeye pork chops (about 8-ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root (grated)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup dried cherry
- Make marinade by stirring together lemon juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger, mustard, garlic and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Place chops in a self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over chops; seal bag and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill; remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Grill to medium doneness over direct heat about 8-9 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cherry-Orange Sauce. In medium saucepan, saute onion in vegetable oil until tender, about 2-3 minutes; stir in curry powder to blend. Whisk cornstarch with a couple tablespoons of orange juice, set aside. Stir remaining orange juice and chicken stock into saucepan; stir in cornstarch mixture and cook and stir over medium heat until blended and thickened slightly; stir in dried cherries and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- To serve: Ladle sauce onto plates and top with shops; garnish chops with additional dried cherries if desired.