Gingerbread Whoopie PiesKitchenAid
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup black strap molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water (divided)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1To prepare cookies, add butter,brown sugar and molasses to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 2 minutes or until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well blended. Scrape bottom and side of bowl.
- 2Whisk dry ingredients in separate bowl. Turn Mixer to Stir and add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 3To prepare marshmallow filling, add gelatin and 1/4 cup water to clean Mixer Bowl. Attach bowl and Wire Whip to Mixer. Let stand while preparing syrup.
- 4Combine 1/4 cup water, granulated sugar and corn syrup in small heavy-bottomed stainless steel saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until candy thermometer registers 240°F. (Do not stir.)
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F. Turn Mixer to Speed 8. Slowly pour hot syrup into Mixer Bowl toward the side of the bowl. Whip 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is white and fluffy.
- 6Remove cookie dough from refrigerator. Using 1-1/2 ounce scoop, portion cookies onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are crisp. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Sandwich two cookies with a big dollop of marshmallow filling.