With this recipe for Gingerbread Cookies you will be ready for the construction of your gingerbread house, or mansion. Sweetened with a mix of honey and sugar, these Gingerbread Cookies are beautifully spiced with ground allspice. These cookies have the crunch you need to build a structure but are also soft enough to be eaten and enjoyed. Refrigerate the dough before rolling and shaping your pieces. You will want to cut out your shapes, or building pieces, before baking. Decorate with white icing and create your own gingerbread masterpiece.
- 90 grams water
- 250 grams honey
- 125 grams sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 560 grams flour
- 10 grams baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg whites
- 200 grams confectioners sugar (sifted)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk together the water, honey, and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and allspice and add to the liquid mixture. Mix well. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and set aside for 5 minutes. Roll out with a rolling pin until approximately 3 millimeters thick. Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter or drawn paper pattern.
- Place the shapes onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack.
- Make the frosting by beating the egg white until foamy and then adding the powdered sugar until it reaches the consistency of toothpaste.
- Spread the frosting onto the cooled cookies.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1050Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.