Gingerbread CookiesAnanás e Hortelã
Sometimes what you want in a gingerbread cookie is the singular taste of ground ginger and nothing else, meaning no other usual spices including cinnamon, allspice, cloves, etc. That's when you'll want to whip up a batch of these cookies, which are all about the ginger. When creaming the butter and sugar, that's the step that will determine the outcome, so take the time to get to that light and fluffy stage before beating in the egg and other ingredients.
- 150 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 350 grams wheat flour
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- 2Add the egg, egg yolk and ginger.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4Sift the flour and add to the mixture.
- 5Add the milk and mix well.
- 6Shape the dough into small balls.
- 7Arrange on a greased and parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 420°F for about 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely and serve or store in an airtight container.