Once you try this perfectly spiced gingerbread bundt cake, you won't be able to wait until next year's holidays to make it again!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (well-softened)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, canola oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Sift the flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Whisk until the ingredients begin to come together, then stream in the buttermilk. Continue whisking until the batter is smooth and medium-thick.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the bundt cake for 55-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake onto a large serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.