- 1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets (firm, cut into strips)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/4 inches fresh ginger (peeled, 1/2 grated, 1/2 cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 spring onions (finely sliced)
- cilantro sprigs (fresh, for garnish)
- steamed rice (to serve)
- Combine fish fillets with 1 tbsp sesame oil and grated ginger. Season. Set aside to marinate for 5 mins.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry fish and ginger strips gently, being careful not to break up fish, for 1-2 mins, until fish is opaque. Add sherry, cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 min. Whisk together cornstarch, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water. Add to wok and simmer for 1 min, until sauce thickens. Add spring onions.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with steamed rice.