If you love the spicy kick of heat that fresh ginger provides, you can easily have that with your daily cup of tea. Simply bring a kettle of water to a boil and pour over the ginger, cinnamon stick, jasmine tea, and lemon peel and allow to infuse for a full ten minutes. You can use your own favorite blend of tea in place of the jasmine, and serve this tonic hot or cold (it needs no sweetener).
- 1 liter water
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 inch)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon jasmine tea
- 2 strips lemon peel
- Temper porcelain teapot with boiling water.
- Drain water when ready to brew tea.
- Bring 1 liter water to boil.
- Pour water into teapot and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Let infuse for 10 minutes. Strain.
- Serve hot or cold, without sugar.