- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 6 ounces stuffing mix (for pork)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade (OR apricot preserves)
- In large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chops lightly with pepper; add to skillet. Cook about 5 minutes, turning once until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops from skillet and let rest 3 minutes. Stir remaining 2 tablespoons butter and ginger into skillet; add water. Bring to boiling. Stir in stuffing mix just to moisten. Top with chops. Spoon orange marmalade or apricot preserves over chops. Cover and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.