Note: for a double quick dressing, use 1/2 cup light Asian sesame salad dressing in place of the dressing above.
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 3 cups slaw mix (with carrots)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (can sliced, drained and diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 leaves Boston lettuce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or honey)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and continue boiling 1 minute. Remove from heat and place in a small bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot. Cook the pork until no longer pink, stirring frequently breaking up larger pieces while cooking.
- Combine the cooked pork, coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, cilantro, ginger, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl and toss until well blended. Spoon equal amounts in each of the lettuce leaves, (about 1/4 cup per leaf. Spoon equal amounts (about 1 1/2 teaspoons) of the dressing over each. May serve with knives and forks or pull up edges of leaves and enjoy as mini wraps.