- 14 ounces ginger snaps
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 pound cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 large eggs (separated, at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (sifted)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups sour cream (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 3/4 ounces candied ginger (chopped)
- 2 mangoes (medium, peeled, stoned, thinly sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Process the cookies in a food processor until they form fine crumbs, then transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the butter until combined. Press cookie mixture evenly over the base and three-quarters of the way up the sides of a pie pan. To achieve a neat crust, press the crumb mixture firmly with a straight-sided glass or bottle. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese, egg yolks, cornstarch and half the sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add the sour cream, vanilla and juice; beat until just combined. Fold in the ginger.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until dissolved. With a large balloon whisk, fold the egg white mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the filling into the crust; place on a parchment-paper lined baking sheey. Bake cheesecake for 1 hour, or until just set. Switch off oven, and allow cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door ajar (this helps prevent the cheesecake from cracking).
- Top the cheesecake with mango slices and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.