- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar (super fine)
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 inch fresh ginger (piece, peeled and sliced)
- 6 cups ice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- Bring water and sugar to a boil on small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add lavender and ginger. Let steep 1 hour. Strain lavender and ginger from syrup and set aside until ready to use. Can be made ahead and stored in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
- Place ice in blender. Pulse on setting 2 (chop) 6-8 times. Add vodka, lemon juice, 1/3 cup lavender-ginger syrup and mint. Blend on setting 5 (liquify) 1 minute. Serve immediately with fresh lavender sprigs, if desired.
Terrill 19 days ago
Quite good, however I personally opt out of the mint as its overpowering to my own palate. Great drink nonetheless.