It is hard to decide what dessert to make when you are innundated with recipes. Everyone says their recipe is the best, so how do decide which to make? This quick and easy recipe for Giant Financier with Milk Jam is packed with flavor, but also is easy to make and does not require a lot of ingredients. Feel free to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your loved ones with a sweet treat after Sunday dinner.
- 150 grams butter
- 6 egg whites
- 50 grams flour
- 120 grams almond meal
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- milk jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Gently melt the butter on low heat.
- Lightly whip the egg whites.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, almond powder, and powdered sugar.
- Add the egg whites and whisk well.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Line a pie pan with a parchment paper.
- Spread half of the dough into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Spread jam on top of the dough.
- Spread the second half of the dough on top.
- Bake for 18 minutes.