Germknodel Sweet DumplingsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
This recipe is an advanced level recipe so if you are an expert baker, you will love to make our Germknodel Sweet Dumplings. This is a very traditional dish and super fun to bake. Your guests will love the rich sweet flavor of the plum. Let us know how baking this Germknodel Sweet Dumpling goes for you! We are sure your experience will be excellent. Happy Baking! Germknodel Sweet Dumplings for all!
- 250 grams flour
- milk (1/16 lt., approximately 65 ml.)
- 10 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 10 grams sugar
- 1 egg yolks
- 30 grams butter
- 100 grams compote (black plum)
- 1 teaspoon rum
- ground cinnamon
- 50 grams ground poppy seed
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 60 grams butter
- 1Place the flour in a large bowl.
- 2Dissolve the yeast and the sugar in the warm milk and pour it over the flour.
- 3Add the egg yolk, a pinch of salt, and the melted butter and begin kneading (if necessary, add some more milk).
- 4Continue kneading until the dough no longer sticks to your hands.
- 5Cover with a kitchen towel and let the dough rest in a warm area for approximately 1 hour.
- 6In the meantime, combine the plum compote with the rum and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- 7Divide the dough into 12 balls of the same size, roll them out slightly, add 1/2 teaspoon of the plum mixture and seal the dumpling closed.
- 8Let the dumplings rise on a floured work surface for approximately 25 minutes.
- 9Bring a stockpot full of salted water to a simmer and cook the dumplings for 6 minutes, turn them over with a slotted spoon and cook them for an additional 6 minutes.
- 10Remove them from the stockpot with the slotted spoon.
- 11Serve the germknodel hot with melted butter, powdered sugar and poppy seeds or vanilla cream.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.