German cuisine is known for bold and hearty dishes filled with meats, potatoes, cheeses and aromatic spices. You don't normally think of desserts when you think of German food. However, there are some great dishes worth trying. This recipe for German Butchy Brioche is flavorful and filled with delicious ingredients. You will need to make sure you give yourself time to prepare this dish, because you need to allow the dough to rise. We hope you love this dish as much as we do.
- 1 packet bakers yeast (roughly 15gr.)
- milk (15 cl., lukewarm)
- 500 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams butter (softened, + extra 20gr melted butter)
- sweet potatoes (paste with chocolate, alternatively use jam or chocolate spread)
- powdered sugar
- Dilute yeast in the lukewarm milk. Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Place the flour, salt, sugar, and the eggs in the food processor, then add the milk-yeast mixture.
- Knead slowly, and then add the softened butter and knead faster until the dough reaches a smooth and elastic texture.
- Transfer to a bowl and let stand covered with a clean dry cloth, in a in a draft-free area for 1-2 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, knead well and split into small dough balls of about 50gr. each. Lightly roll out each dough ball and fill them with the sweet potato and chocolate mixture. To close, press both sides and once again form a ball. Place the dough balls in a mold lined with greaseproof paper, spacing them and cover with a cloth. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius at least 10 minutes before baking.
- Brush the brioche with melted butter and bake for about 20 minutes (more or less depending on the oven) until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar. The brioche tastes better warm, so it can also be warmed up in a microwave before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.