Robin Emmet of Indianapolis won first place at the Indiana State Fair with this skillet recipe. Serve with a big green salad and breadsticks.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa (medium-spicy chucky style)
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Toss pork with taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl to evenly coat pork. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat and add pork. Cook, stirring frequently, until pork is cooked through (3 to 5 minutes). Stir in salsa and preserves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.