- 16 ounces penne pasta (1 box)
- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (drained and chopped, halves packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 jar Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Toss Sauce with hot penne and asparagus. Garnish, if desired, with toasted pine nuts and cracked black pepper.
Syreeta Baker 12 days ago
Very good. It was bland. But i added Italian Seasoning and Garlic Salt to the sauce while it was cooking. Turned out bery seasoned Very tasty. Very easy to make. I cant eat tomatoes, so I didnt add the tomatoes.
Kyle Fox 24 days ago
Great pasta. Its really quick and easy to make.
JamieLiz 1 Aug
I used a shallot instead of onion and chicken broth instead of wine. I also added two cloves of garlic. This was a very good recipe. I would like to add grilled chicken next time.
Nishan Panag 10 Jul
Replaced asparagus with brocolli and added lots of spices and this turned out to be the best pasta Ive ever made. Quick, easy, delicious!
Ashley 7 May
It is pretty bland. I had to add garlic salt to make it have some flavor.
Mary Kim 26 Sep 2017
Turned out great. Cooked it for a potluck dinner party. Everybody loved it-- no leftovers.
Clinton Mayo 19 Jul 2017
I feel the asparagus needed to be cooked and seasoned a different way. They didn't have much flavor and took away. I may make again, I'll grill or sauté with salt and pepper.
Amanda Alvarez 8 Nov 2016
I added salt & basil to the sun-dried tomato mixture and it was the best pasta I've ever made. It was so flavorful that you do not have to cook any sort of meat to go with it. I didn't know it would be so good, so I made chicken to go with it and, if you cook the chicken in (storebought) pesto, it is truly an experience.
Teresa C. 20 May 2016
I've made this several times. My family loves this! I always add sautéed chicken & add a little more sun dried tomatoes.
Melody B. 27 Apr 2016
I make this dish all the time :-) it's really good! tonight, I'm going to skip the wine & try it with chicken broth & I'm adding shrimp!
Kyra D. 4 Jan 2016
This is awesome! I made it for dinner and everyone loved it, even our picky residents! We added a little more wine because the onions seemed too dry, but otherwise we followed the recipe completely.