- 16 ounces penne pasta (1 box)
- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (drained and chopped, halves packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 jar Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Toss Sauce with hot penne and asparagus. Garnish, if desired, with toasted pine nuts and cracked black pepper.