Featuring two great tastes that taste great together — garlic and salty Pecorino cheese — this chewy foccacia comes together with little effort. After it's needed and allowed to rise, it's rolled out and pressed to fit a parchment-lined baking sheet before it's transferred to the oven and baked until golden. Serve it warm as is or with a side of marinara or garlic oil for dipping.
- 450 grams flour
- 170 grams water
- 50 grams yeast
- 10 grams salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 grams pecorino cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Combine the flour with the yeast, add the oil, the water, the cheese, the garlic and the salt in a bowl, kneading the dough well.
- Place the dough onto a work surface and knead it well for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Return the dough to the bowl, greased with oil and set it aside to rise to double its size.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- When the dough has risen, place it on the work surface, shape it into a log and place it on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
- Allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Roll the dough out to cover the entire baking sheet using a rolling pin and your hands.
- Let the dough rise on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Press your fingers into the dough completely and cover the dough with the water, oil and a pinch of salt. Let it rise again completely until it doubles in size, about 90 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
|Calories650Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.