This classic Spanish dish is the perfect treat for your family for dinner. Try out our Garlic and Broccoli Quiche recipe tonight. We are confident this recipe will leave your family satisfied with the flavor! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are excited to read about your experience preparing serving this Garlic and Broccoli Quiche recipe. The blend of Spanish flavor and essential nutrients make this recipe a stand alone great. Happy Cooking!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 50 grams butter (cut in cubes)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons water (cold)
- 250 grams rice (to use as a weight)
- 150 grams broccoli
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg (ground)
- 60 grams cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt (as desired)
- Add the flour, salt, and butter cubes to a large bowl.
- Crush the butter into small pieces with your hands.
- Slowly add the water and knead to form the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic film and let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and press it into a medium glass pie plate. Prick it evenly using a fork and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to190C.
- Take the pie plate from the refrigerator, remove the plastic, and cover it with a layer of parchment paper.
- Place the rice on top of the parchment in the glass cooking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes (the rice should work as a weight).
- Remove the pie plate from the oven and dispose of the rice and parchment.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the crust browns.
- Heat the water and salt in a large cooking pot on high flame until it boils.
- Boil the broccoli for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and strain the broccoli.
- Mince up the garlic until you have a fine paste, add salt, and place it in a medium bowl.
- Mix the paste with the eggs, nutmeg, and cream. Add the parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Once the crust is ready, remove it from the oven and put the broccoli on it.
- Pour the paste over the broccoli and cook it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes at 190C.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool off for 10 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.