- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes (small)
- 2 teaspoons salt (., plus a pinch to taste)
- 6 tablespoons garlic
- olive oil
- 1 cup arugula (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds boiled potatoes
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 True convection
- Add the potatoes to a large dutch oven and add water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil and add 2 tsp. salt. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and easy to pierce with a fork.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and place the potatoes on a parchment-lined sheet. Try to let them dry. You can use a towel to dry them, but be careful because they are still hot.
- Squirt 1 Tbsp. olive oil in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and sprinkle with about 2 Tbsp. of garlic-infused olive oil. Toss to cover the potatoes with the oil.
- Remove oil covered potatoes one by one and place on a cutting board. Using a potato masher or wooden spoon, press down on the cooked potato until it’s flat and smashed. Place the smashed potatoes side by side in the oiled 9-by-13-inch casserole dish. Squirt more oil over the smashed potatoes, about 3 Tbsp.
- Sprinkle to season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped arugula on top of potato and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top of arugula and each potato.
- Place the prepared pan in the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.