- 4 quarts water
- 5 russet potatoes (medium size, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces, about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (minced)
- 1/4 cup garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- Bring salted water to boil. Add potatoes. Gently boil, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook or potatoes will be soggy.
- In a medium skillet pan, over low to medium heat, add olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Cook until garlic begins to slightly brown, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and add butter and cream. Heat until butter is melted and mixture is hot.
- When potatoes are done, strain, and add to large mixing bowl with 3/4 of cream mixture. Whip or mash until desired consistency. Check consistency and add remainder of cream mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chives.