These crispy, garlicky roasted Brussels sprouts are so good, you may want to make a double batch.
- 1 bag Brussels sprouts (1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. If the sprouts are very large cut them into quarters.
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the Brussels sprouts with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Use a rubber spatula to toss the Brussels sprouts until they are evenly coated and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes on the middle rack of oven. While the Brussel sprouts roast, finely mince the garlic cloves.
- After 15 minutes, open the oven using a mitt and sprinkle the garlic over the Brussels sprouts. Toss lightly with a rubber spatula to distribute the garlic. Roast for 8-10 minutes longer until the garlic is fragrant and the Brussels sprouts are tender and slightly charred.
- Check to see that Brussels sprouts are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Serve immediately.