If you've never had garlic roasted broccoli before, prepare to eat your new favorite side dish.
- 1 bag broccoli florets (1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure the broccoli florets are roughly 1-inch wide and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Use a rubber spatula to toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated in the oil.
- Roast for 15 minutes on the middle rack of oven. While its roasting, finely mince the garlic cloves.
- After 15 minutes, open the oven with mitted hands and sprinkle the garlic over the broccoli. Toss lightly with a rubber spatula to distribute the garlic. Roast for 8-10 minutes longer until the garlic is fragrant and the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Check to see that broccoli is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Pro tip: Want a slightly more crispy texture? Roast for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.